Comment about movie “M”

October 8th, 2010

Basically I don’t think “M” is a horror film or crime dram, I think it’s a philosophical film. Actually the Killer Hans Beckert is a complicated person, sometime I think he is lacking human emotion when he is killing a little girl but at the end of the movie I find out he is a poor guy because he doesn’t want to kill those little girls and he just can’t escape or control the evil compulsion that over take him. Every time when I see the images of Beckert’s oversized, fearful eyes, I think Fritz Lang is trying to set the mood of ugly humanity in this character and I think this picture more effectively than any dialogue could. I also like the shadow of Hans Beckert was showing in the notice and his whistling because those are Beckert’s unique character and this foreshadows the appearance of Hans Beckert – a serial killer is coming.

This movie is showing us the Germany’s society environment at 1920 which is an sin era but Lang tries to show us the cops and gangster still has a humanity. Even they are defying each other , but they are also helping the other’s needs to hunt the serial killer. Humanity is the powerful thing to make people turn into solidify.

9 Responses to “Comment about movie “M””

1. Amy Herzog on October 12, 2010 17:52

What beautiful observations! I think you are spot on in terms of seeing a connection between the way Lang depicted criminals and law enforcement–the core theme here is a very flawed, but very moving human nature.

2. abethon on October 14, 2010 12:12

I think for its time, this would have been considered a horror film, due to the fact that so few had ever been created. Lang’s character in the film has a scary aura about him that creates fear in the viewers each time we come into contact with him.

If this film was to be made today, I do agree that it would have to do much more with the psychological aspects rather than the horror. It actually reminds me a lot of certain episodes from Law & Order SVU. The reason for this is the insight we are given into the characters and the developed state of his mind. Often in SVU, the characters are depicted as having some sort of mental issues and it “explains” there reasoning behind the crimes they commit.

3. irene wen on October 20, 2010 09:59

That is a great observation of what you saw, how Lang was trying to make the audience view the criminal. The mood was creepy and scary every time the criminal comes on because of that whistle and the sounds they used.

4. jbmedst144 on October 25, 2010 11:01

I really like how you said that the killer can’t escape or control the evil compulsion that over take him. I think that for me that was one of the most important parts of the movie when the killer is confronted and put on trial by the gang of criminals and he tells them that they commit crimes that they can control but he is unable to control his instincts to kill.

5. dry carpet cleaning machines California on September 6, 2014 17:27

I do accept as true with all of the concepts you’ve offered for your post.

They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are
    too short for beginners. May just you please extend them a bit from
    subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

Visit my web blog dry carpet cleaning machines California

6. low cost bail on August 4, 2015 10:42

low cost bail

7. http://www.area-51.it/modules.ph... on February 5, 2016 20:25
  8. Recommended Website on March 1, 2016 14:01

Recommended Website

Comment about movie “M” at Movie comment

9. AD Monografias Online | Compra e venda de tcc on July 6, 2018 21:06

AD Monografias Online | Compra e venda de tcc

blog topic

Trackback URI | Comments RSS